For the purpose of this Notice, “Shimatomo .”, “we” and “us” refer to Shimatomo Inc. , Our privacy practices vary depending on the services we provide and the country-specific requirements for the countries in which we offer our services. For some products and services, where required, we will provide additional privacy notices before collecting your personal information.If you have any questions, you may contact us at email@example.com or by the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Shimatomo provides payment products and services for commercial and non-commercial enterprises. Those products and services include payment card processing, and support merchant accounting and funds transfer. As a part of our payment processing function, we routinely collect and retain personal information about our customers and the third parties with whom our customers do business. For our customers, information about disclosures, transfers and other processing of personal information as part of our payment processing function is set out in the documentation provided to them at or before onboarding and is outside of the scope of this Notice, which relates only to information we collect through our Site.
● Sources of personal information
● How we use the personal information we collect
● How we share the personal information we collect
● Our relationship with affiliate companies
● Login details and your responsibility
● Managing your preferences
● Your Legal Rights
● Data anonymization and aggregation
● Commitment to security, privacy and standard
● External links
● Changes & Updates
● Choice of Law
● Contact Us
● Region-specific information
Personal Information We Collect
Through our Sites, subject to your consent if required by law, we may collect the following personal information, as relevant and as is voluntarily supplied to us by you:
● Identifiers including name and contact details including telephone number, mobile number,email address and postal address;
● Information protected against security breaches such as your username and password, which you may use to log in to the Sites
● Internet/electronic activity including information from other tracking technologies including location, device identifier, usage and browsing history;
● Information you provide if you report a problem with our Sites; and
● Records of any correspondence we have with you.
Sources of Personal Information
We don’t collect cookie.We collect personal information that you provide to us when you visit our Site, set up an account with us, communicate with us, or otherwise enter into a contractual agreement with us. We may also collect information about you from third parties.
For example, we may receive referrals from banks or independent service organizations with which you have a relationship. In addition, when you visit our Site we may collect certain information about your location, usage, or device through technology.
How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
● To contact you regarding any inquiry you make or to fulfill a request, such as, for example, a request for information about our products and services;
● To improve and personalize your experience when you use our Sites;
● To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
● For internal record keeping and administration of records;
● For auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of content impression and auditing compliance with laws and other standards;
● For detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
● For internal research for technological development and demonstration;
● To verify or maintain the quality or safety of our products and services and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services;
● To contact you by email and, if you have signed up for the service, to share any other updates, communications
● For compliance with applicable laws and/or regulations and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations.
How we Share the Personal Information We Collect
We are a global business headquartered in Japan, with affiliates in various countries around the world. Your personal information may be disclosed to recipients located outside of your country, including our global affiliates, as well as other types of service providers engaged to help us run our business, subject to your consent if required by law. These types of service providers may include distributors of our products and services, vendors retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, including (without limitation) legal, accounting, audit, consulting and other professional service providers, and providers of other services related to our business.
In addition, if you were referred to Shimatomo for services via a partner, such as independent services organization, we may share information with such partner in accordance with our business relationship with you and that partner, consistent with any privacy notice shared with you by either party at the time of the collection of your personal information.
We take steps aimed at ensuring that all persons who process your personal information as a service provider to us process such information only as necessary for their service delivery and, where required by law, we ensure appropriate written instruction is provided to each service provider.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who are not service providers. For each category of personal information we collect, we may share such information with the following categories of third parties for the business purpose described :
● To regulators including state and federal agencies, card payment networks, issuing banks and other parties required to enable compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards related to transaction processing in order to obtain commercial and credit information to establish, maintain or renew a customer’s contract(s), as may be required to provide any of the services for which a customer has subscribed, to comply with the rules and regulations of any credit or debit card payment network or otherwise in accordance with this policy;
● To law enforcement, courts and other relevant parties in response to a court order or a request for cooperation from a regulatory, law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend legal claims; as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations; when we believe that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; or to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Shimatomo, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; and
● Subject to applicable legal requirements, to another company or agent of such company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business assets to such company.
Unless otherwise disclosed in a specific notice, and subject to your consent where required by applicable law,, we do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Our Relationship with Affiliate Companies
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may appoint an affiliate company to process personal information in a service provider role. In most cases, we will remain responsible for that company’s processing of your personal information pursuant to applicable data privacy laws.
Because our affiliate companies are located around the globe, your personal information may be transferred to and stored in Japan or in another country outside of the country in which you reside, which may be subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law, are carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where alternative adequate arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights.
Login Details and Your Responsibility
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we will collect and process your personal information as necessary . Please remember that if we contact you, we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited email, message or phone call. If you choose to use the log in facility available on our Sites, you are required to adhere to the following security procedures in relation to your username (currently, your email address) and password, which are referred to as “login information”:
● Keep your login information secret and secure at all times and do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it;
● Do not write down or record in any form your login information or store it on any software, including a password save feature;
● Destroy any notice from us concerning your login information as soon as you have read and understood it;
● Should you become aware or have reason to suspect that your login information has been lost or disclosed to, or seen or accessed by someone other than yourself, immediately notify Shimatomo support at the email address provided above;
● Do not leave your computer or other device unattended while you are using the log in facility available on this website or let anyone else use your computer or other device unless and until you have logged out; and
● Use particular caution if you access the log in facility available on our Site from a public or shared computer, to ensure that other people are not able to see your login details.
Managing Your Preferences
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our global affiliates and third parties.We only send direct marketing for those who directly inquired, submitted information through our site contact form. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone,or SMS or such other method as may become relevant. In addition, we may provide direct marketing information and permit others to do that as allowed by our customers’ respective contracts.
Your Legal Rights
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, some users, including European Union residents may have certain rights in relation to their personal information. These rights may include:
EU Resident Rights
Right To be Informed You have the right to be provided with clear and easy-to-understand information about how we use your personal information.
Right to access Personal Information You have the right to access and receive a copy of personal information we hold about you anytime.
Right to data portability In circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal information you request from us in a format that is user-friendly and enables you to transfer it to another provider.
Right to rectification You have the right to correct or update your personal information if it is outdated, incorrect or incomplete.
Right of erasure In some circumstances, you have the right to have your personal information erased or deleted.
Right to restrict suspend processing of personal information You may object to processing of personal information that is based on legitimate interest. You may withdraw consent for processing that is based on consent (this includes the right to opt out of direct marketing).
Right to information about information transfers You have the right to obtain a copy of documents related to the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside the EU.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority You have the right to contact the data protection authority in your country to complain about our data protection and privacy practices.
Data Anonymization and Aggregation
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it, in order to use the anonymized or aggregated data, for example, for statistical analysis and administration including analysis of trends, to carry out actuarial work, to tailor products and services and to conduct risk assessments and analysis of costs and charges in relation to our products and services. We may share anonymized or aggregated data with our global affiliates and with other third parties. This policy notice does not restrict Shimatomo’ use or sharing of any non-personal, summarized, derived, anonymized or aggregated information.
Commitment to Security, Privacy and Standards
We take seriously to our responsibility to protect the security and privacy of the information we receive via our Site. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide via our Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please remember that communications over the internet such as emails are not secured. We seek to keep secure all confidential information and personal information submitted to us through our Sites in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations. However, like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through our Site.
Shimatomo may provide links on our Sites to other websites that are not under our control. We do not endorse or make any warranty of any type regarding the content contained on such websites or products and services offered on those websites. We make no representation regarding your use of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This applies solely to information collected by us. You should read any other applicable privacy and cookies notices carefully before accessing and using such other websites.
Changes and Updates
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, update, add to, discontinue, remove or otherwise change any portion of this our policies, in whole or partial, at any time. When we amend this, we will revise the “Last Updated” date located at the top of the document. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure you are made aware of any material updates including providing you direct communication about such changes or providing a notification through the Services, as appropriate. If you provide personal information to us or access or use our Sites after it has been changed, you will be deemed to have unconditionally consented and agreed to such changes. The most current version of this version will be available on the Sites and will supersede all previous versions.
Choice of Law
All revisions and amendments thereto, is governed by the laws of Japan, without regard to its conflict or choice of law principles which would require application of the laws of another jurisdiction.
If you have questions , or if you want to exercise your rights as described above you can submit a request by completing this form or may contact us as follows:
Hakozaki Masuki Building 4F B, 17-9 Nihonbashi Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0015, Japan
In order to honor any access or deletion request, we will require you to provide enough information for us to verify your identity. For example, we may ask you for information associated with your account, including your contact information or other identifying information. If you designate an authorized agent to make a rights request on your behalf, we may require proper proof of that authorization as well as direct verification of your identity from you.
Users in the European Economic Area
Your personal information may be processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which may not have data privacy laws equivalent to those in the EEA. This includes transfers between Shimatomo and its global affiliates and to the other third parties as described in the previous paragraphs. The relevant Shimatomo companies will take the necessary measures to ensure protection of your personal data collected through this website in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.